Tuesday 3 October 2017

Happy Birthday to me - Thanks to my அவள்

It's been a while since I blogged, it's not like nothing interesting have happened or I didn't watch any movie since my last blog. A lot of things have happened, got married and it's more than a month now, getting married itself was interesting, but pretty time-consuming. So, didn't get time to blog. Here we go, my first blog post after my wedding. Obviously, this post is one and only because of my அவள்.



My first birthday after my wedding was a perfect birthday I've ever had. Until now I haven't planned anything for my birthday, but this time my அவள் has planned something and executed perfectly. It was a memorable 'Thala' birthday for me.

If you ask how would I spent a holiday. I would say will watch movies on my laptop. And, if you ask me whether I will not go out at all. I would say sure I'll go out in the evening and that would be to watch a movie in a theatre. So basically it would be just movies. Since my birthday is a holiday usually, I would usually do the same.

I always wondered before wedding what would happen if 'she' is not interested in watching movies or not interested in going to theaters. How would you even find this in a matrimony profile? But, thank god, she is equally interested in watching movies, till she met me she didn't have a good company to go to cinemas. And, since my engagement, I made sure we watched one or two movies per week. And, sometimes we went to Satyam just to have that popcorn.

So, her plan was to go to the theatre, so she has booked tickets without my knowledge. But, it is not for one or even two, she planned for three movies back to back. I am sure she would have never seen three movies within a month before meeting me.

The first movie was 'American Made', I know she's coming for that movie just for me and had no idea about the movie since she asked me 'Who?', When I exclaimed "Oh! We are starting with a 'Tom Cruise' movie. So, she slept off midway. The next was a Telugu movie, Mahanubhavudu, again she would have never imagined watching Telugu movies and all in big screens or anywhere for that matter before our engagement. So, once again it's for me, but we kinda enjoyed this movie since it wasn't a usual Telugu masala. The final one was 'Magalir Mattum', looked like we didn't have many options to end our marathon. So, this one is for her since I am a "theevira" Simran fan once upon a time and hated "overacting" Jo, still it was tolerable. 

Even though I spoiled the surprise for me by getting to know the plan about a movie marathon. But, that doesn't stop this from being an awesome day. Still, I got a surprise cake cutting at my home previous day itself before we started to Chennai and also a wish from her at midnight in the middle of our travel to Chennai in the train, again unexpected.
 
This is not the first time I've seen three movies continuously in a day, but I've seen only on my laptop in my room. This is the first time in big screens, juggling between the screens in a multiplex. And, I've seen only two movies back to back in big screen before. So, this is the first and most unforgettable experience.

We know we've spent too much time in a mall when we handed over our parking ticket that guy at the counter couldn't stop smiling looking at the hours we spent there. Though I planned a surprise for her birthday, the day was as usual as any weekend. She planned enough surprises and also perfect plan for throughout the day and made my birthday an unforgettable memory.

You have got an understanding wife when she knows what you would like and she plans that for your birthday. I look forward to more and more surprises and special days going forward and I am sure there are more in store.

கன்னம் சுருங்கிட நீயும், 
மீசை நரைத்திட நானும், 
வாழ்வின் கரைகளைக் காணும் 
காலம் அருகினில் தானோ?

No comments:

Post a Comment